The GRIGRI 2 belay device with assisted
braking is designed to facilitate belay
maneuvers. The GRIGRI 2 works equally
well for lead climbing and top roping. It
may be used on all single dynamic 8.9
to 11 mm ropes on the market (ideal at
9.4 mm to 10.3 mm). Both compact and
ultra-light, the GRIGRI 2 will accompany
you on climbs around the world for many
years. The GRIGRI 2 has a new design that
allows excellent control during the descent.
• Belay technique identical to classic belay systems:
both hands on the rope. A fall is stopped by tightening
the hand on the free end of the rope.
• Assisted braking capability: during fall arrest, the
belayer holds the free end of the rope, the cam pivots
and pinches the rope, increasing the braking action
until the rope stops sliding.
• The GRIGRI 2 has a new design that allows excellent
control during the descent. One hand holds the rope
and the other uses the handle to unlock the cam. The
patented handle design allows a very gradual release of
the rope. In combination with the strong braking action
of the cam, it gives a great feeling of control when
lowering a partner or rappelling.
• The GRIGRI 2 is compact and ultra-light at 185 g
(25 % smaller and 20 % lighter than the GRIGRI)
• The construction includes a stainless steel friction
plate and cam to ensure a long life for the product
• For 8.9 to 11 mm single ropes (ideal at 9.4 to
• Diagrams for rope installation engraved on belay
device (interior and exterior)