Very simple to use, absorbs the energy of the fall by
the tearing apart of certain strands of the webbing.
- The energy absorber is stored in a pouch, ready for action, reducing the
chance of incorrect use inherent in other systems: e.g.: passing the energy
absorbing rope around the waist or not allowing a margin for slippage, or
the presence of knots in the energy absorbing rope.
- Stored in a quick-access pouch, the SCORPIO's energy absorbing component
is easily accessed for inspection (an advantage for equipment rental
- Practical to use due to the elastic sheath:
- reduced chance of the branches getting tangled,
- carabiners easily accessible.
- A third, shorter branch allows clipping in direct to rest or to get
closer to the cable (moving horizontally or diagonally, for example).
Technical specifications :
The lanyard should be equipped with type K carabiners, such as the VERTIGO.
CE - UIAA